Huawei G8 is an awesome high-end smartphone, but just like other Android smartphones its true potential remains locked until you root it. That’s why pro users almost always root their devices.
If you’re one of those users and are interested to Root Huawei G8, the first thing you need to do is unlock bootloader of Huawei G8. And you’re in the right place to do so, because in this article we’re going to provide you the procedure that you can follow to unlock bootloader of Huawei G8.
Are you ready for it? Okay, let’s get started:
- Backup all your important data from the device because this procedure can wipe your phone completely.
- Download the unlocking tools from here and extract the data from Zip file to a new folder named Huawei G8.
- Now inside the Huawei G8 folder you just created execute UniversalAdbDriverSetup6.msi file. This will install ADB on your PC.
- Enable developer options on your phone by navigating to Settings >> About Phone and tapping the build number 7 – 10 times.
- Enable OEM Unlock on your phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options >> Activate OEM Unlock.
That’s it for prerequisites. Next step is to obtain an unlock code from Huawei’s website.
Obtaining the Unlock Code:
You don’t need any third-party software to unlock the bootloader of your Huawei G8. Unlike other smartphone makers Huawei has realized the fact that those who want to do such things almost always find out the ways to do them. Therefore, this Taiwanese giant has itself granted its users the permission to unlock the bootloaders of their devices. All you need to do now is obtain an unlock code from their website and use it to unlock the bootloader.
Follow the steps given below to get your unlock code:
- Visit hwid5.vmall.com and register for a Huawei ID, if you don’t have one already. On the other hand, if you already have one then login.
- Once you’re logged in the site will show you an Unlocking Agreement, which basically outlines all the risks of unlocking your phone’s bootloader. Accept the agreement by checking its checkbox in the bottom and hit “Next” button.
- Now you’ll be asked to enter the model number of your device. Find it from Settings >> About Phone and enter it in the field provided on website.
- After model number you’ll have to enter the serial number of your device. That too can be obtained from About Device section of settings. Just follow the path Settings >> About Phone >> Status and enter the serial number on site.
- Now you need to enter the IMEI number of your device. Get it from Settings >> About Phone >> Status >> IMEI.
- Finally, you need to enter the product ID of your phone. To find it just close the Settings app, navigate to your phone dialer, type *#*#1357946#*#* and enter the product ID shown on screen to the website.
- Submit the details and you’ll be provided an unlock code by the site.
Now let’s move to the main unlocking part.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei G8:
- Turn off your phone, connect it to PC via USB cable and hold the Volume down button along with Power button for sometime. Your phone will boot in fastboot mode and you’ll see PHONE Locked and FRP Unlock messages on screen.
- On your PC navigate to the Huawei G8 folder you created during prerequisites and launch a command prompt there.
- In the command prompt enter following command:
fastboot oem unlock YOUR_UNLOCK_CODE
That’s it! Once your bootloader is unlocked, you’ll be shown a success message. Now you can disconnect your phone and start using it. And don’t delete your Huawei G8 folder because you’ll need it to root your phone.