If you’re out in the market for a Smartphone that features a set of top-notch current generation hardware specifications with a price tag below $400, the truth is that you might not actually find too many options. To the surprise of many, Google announced the Nexus 5 Android Smartphone in late 2013, that featured a set of very high end hardware specifications such as a 2.1 GHz quad core Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB of RAM, 8 MP primary camera with OIS, 2 MP secondary camera etc. And to shake up all these, Google just priced the Nexus 5 below $400 for both the 16 as well as 32 GB variants.
The Google Nexus 5 was manufactured by LG and distributed by Google under its “Nexus” brand, and runs the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system, indeed one of the first Android Smartphones to release with the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update in 2013. With great hardware comes great power, and your Smartphone manufacturer does not want you to experience the extreme of your Smartphone’s performance capabilities. However, rooting your LG Google Nexus 5 and then installing some third party custom ROM’s or kernel’s will let you do extreme possibilities with your Smartphone. And if you’re out there in search of a rooting guide on how to root LG Google Nexus 5 easily, then today we’re here with a tutorial of the same.
Below are some warning statements that you should be aware of before trying to root Google Nexus 5 Android Smartphone:
- Rooting of Android Smartphones has its own advantages and disadvantages. Please make sure you go through and understand all of them before proceeding with the rooting tutorial.
- Rooting of Android Smartphones can void its warranty.
- Once you have rooted your Android Smartphone, you’ll not be able to receive any future official Android software updates.
- We are not responsible if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the rooting process. Hence, proceed at your own risk only.
Here are a few prerequisite procedures to complete before starting with the guide to root Google Nexus 5 Android Smartphone:
- Make sure that your Google Nexus 5 is charged.
- Download and install the USB Drivers for Google Nexus 5 on your PC.
- Download the root tool from here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Smartphone.
How to Root Google Nexus 5 Android Smartphone:
Below is the detailed guide on how to root Google Nexus 5 easily without any hassles:
- First of all, download and extract the root tool.
- Connect your Smartphone to the PC.
- Power OFF your Smartphone.
- Boot your Smartphone into Fastboot mode by pressing Volume Down+Power keys at the same time.
- Now from the extracted root kit folder, run the “root-windows.bat” file.
- A new window will appear.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
- At the end of the on screen instructions, the rooting process will begin.
- Wait for the rooting process to complete.
- Reboot your Smartphone.
- Disconnect your Smartphone from the PC.
Congratulations, you have now successfully completed the procedures required to root Google Nexus 5 Android Smartphone. In case of any queries or doubts, please mention them as comments below so that we can help you out.